Friday, August 29, 2014

Just Walk Away

Are you willing to walk away…
        If the deal is not right?
        If the relationship is not what you want?
        If you are not being fulfilled by your job?

We often settle for things that are less than what we want or deserve because we are comfortable or they meet at least one need.  We have to think better of ourselves and change our mindset to one of excellence and start waiting for the thing, the person or the situation we are dreaming of.  You only have one life…STOP settling and start DEMANDING what you deserve.

I am in the market for a new-used car and I found the exact one that I have been dreaming about for the last several years(yes it is on my vision board).  The minute I saw it I imagined my sweetie pie and I taking weekend road trips.  I was in love…It met all of my qualifications:
  • It was in my price range (Check)
  • It was black (check)
  • It was under 50k in mileage (check)
  • It only had one owner (check)
  • It was immaculate inside and out (check)
  • Tires were new (check)
  • It only had to pass one last requirement… my mechanic. 


My mechanic treats me like his daughter and he is skeptical of everything.  If it is not perfect he will not give his stamp of approval and since he takes care of all of my cars, I want his ok.  I said a little prayer while driving it over to his shop and as I stepped out of the car, he smiles and says… “Angela it looks nice” that makes me smile, because I feel like I am one-step closer to my dream car.  He checks out the inside and shakes his head in approval.  He pops the hood and starts to investigate. Then the words I was hoping not to hear, came out of his mouth “Angela this car is not good” I am screaming NOOOOOOOOOO extremely loud in my head as he shows me the well hidden water damage. 

I am CRUSHED. As I get back in the car to drive it to the dealer, I say to myself… I am getting this car no matter what he says. I want it, I deserve it and most importantly I am paying for it.  BUT after sitting in Atlanta traffic reality sets in… this man has been taking care of your cars for over 10 years.  He has never steered you wrong. If this car is not the best then he will end up fixing it and you paying for it.  I was so sad on the rest of the ride.
 
I got back to the dealership turned in the keys and just walked away.


I did not walk away with an attitude or even knowing there was another car waiting for me at a dealership down the street. I walked away with a smile and excitement knowing that when I do find MY car, it will be the best option for ME.  Not only will it meet my requirements, but it will surpass them.

If I am building my brand on excellence then I have to walk away when the thing I want the most that is being presented to me is not the best for me.


Are you willing to walk away?

No comments:

Post a Comment